Become a Strengths Institute accredited Associate Certified Strengths Coach
Coach people aligned with professionally accepted coaching core competencies, as prescribed by the International Coach Federation, with specific emphasis on a positive psychology approach focussed on a Strengths-based perspective.
Become a skilled guide, equipped through a solid coaching program, who can assist people to discover their natural talents, develop it into strengths, and deploy it towards lasting success, beyond awareness.
At the Strengths Institute we offer a complete coaching curriculum to educate and train coaches who are passionate about strengths-based development. We present the course from within our extensive experience with coaching and developing strengths.
The Associate Strengths Coach Accreditation program is presented in English
Upcoming Associate Strengths Coach classroom training dates:
Gauteng: 06 - 08 March 2019. Click here to register
Cape Town: 27 - 29 March 2019. Click here to register
Gauteng: 26 - 28 June 2019. Click here to register
Gauteng: 17 - 19 July 2019. Click here to register
Cape Town: 09 - 11 September 2019. Click here to register
Gauteng: 05 - 07 November 2018. Click here to register
Our Strengths Institute Associate Strengths Coach accreditation training is led by qualified and professional instructors in an interactive classroom atmosphere, where we teach you the strategies and solutions necessary to help you maximize your coaching potential.
Launch your coaching career or add this skill to your coaching toolkit.
This Associate Strengths Coach accreditation training is currently pending approval by the ICF (International Coach Federation) for an Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) program.
Training course outline
- I. Introduction to Coaching
- 1. The Case for Coaching
- 2. Why is Coaching important – what are the benefits?
- 3. Impact of Coaching
- 4. How does Coaching apply to a Strengths-based approach
- 5. Coaching from Positive Psychology and Strengths
- 6. The Strengths Institute Strengths-based approach
- II. Positive Coaching
- i. Four Keys to Successful Coaching
- ii. Creating an impeccable Coach / Client relationship
- iii. Set the scene
- iv. Make sure it is a project that is sustainable
- v. Always work in three dimensions
- 1. Introduction to Positive Psychology
- 2. Foundational Guidelines for Coaching
- 3. Co-Creating Relationships - Establishing trust and intimacy with the client (*ICF Core Competency)
- 4. Coaching presence (*ICF Core Competency)
- III. Creating Outcomes
- 1. Designing actions (*ICF Core Competency)
- 2. Planning and Goal setting (*ICF Core Competency)
- 3. Managing progress and accountability (*ICF Core Competency)
- IV. Applying Strengths to Coaching
- 1. Coaching “Beyond Awareness”
- i. Active listening (*ICF Core Competency)
- ii. Powerful questioning (*ICF Core Competency)
- iii. Direct communication (*ICF Core Competency)
- i. Creating Awareness (*ICF Core Competency)
- 2. Strengths coaching principles
- 3. The different Strengths coaching arenas
- 4. Understanding Talents and Strengths
- 5. The Strengths Institute Coaching Model
- i. The Flowing Quartile
- ii. The Following Quartile
- iii. The Failing Quartile
- iv. The Forcing Quartile
- V. Coaching Tools – Beyond Awareness
- 1. The Clifton StrengthsFinder®
- 2. The GROW Model tool for Coaching
- 3. The SI VALUES Tool for Coaching
- VI. The Strengths Coaching Process
- 1. Introducing Appreciative Strengths Coaching
- 2. What is the Appreciative Coaching process?
- 3. Why is the process important?
- 4. How do you apply the process to Strengths Coaching?
- 5. Start with Structure
- i. Meeting Ethical Guidelines and Professional Standards (*ICF Core Competency)
- ii. Establishing the Coaching Agreement (*ICF Core Competency)
Skill and Competency Outcomes
- Professional requisite coaching competencies towards ICF certification
- A unique Strengths-based coaching approach applied towards positive psychology perspectives
- Coaching development built on a StrengthsFinder assessment
- Aligning the ICF core competencies of coaching with a Strengths-based methodolody
- Apply Strengths-based tools towards coaching and mentoring
- Executive Full 34 Report (your full sequence of all your 34 Strengths)
- 90 minute individual Awareness discussion on your Executive Full 34 Report
- Deck of 34 Strengths Coaching Cards
- Professional coach training manual
- Practical coach training workbook
- Comprehensive resource guide
- Access to the Strengths Institute coaching network and extended resources
Should you be unable to attend a registered classroom training date, you may request to be placed on the waiting list for a future registration date, subject to availability. Whilst we shall use our best endeavors to accommodate a re-schedule to a future registered classroom training date, specific dates may not be guaranteed.
The Strengths Institute Associate strengths coach accreditation should not be confused with the coach training presented by Gallup Inc. the creator and owner of StrengthsFinder, nor are we accredited by or associated with Gallup Inc. as Gallup-certified Strengths coaches. For training at Gallup Inc, please refer to Gallup resources.
The Strengths Institute coach training program focuses predominantly on practical application to create enduring change beyond basic awareness.